Thursday, March 24, 2011

Another poem written during the relapse... Lacking HOPE!

Cry for Release
By: Kim Hembry ©
March 24, 2011

There's a call to let go -
Let go of control.
So true I know -
But I can't let go.

My grip is strong -
Firm and tight.
Why can't I do -
What I know is right?

It is not only -
My choice to release,
But will it ever -
Leave me at peace?

The thought of letting go -
Letting go of control...
The thought brings fear -
A scream of "NO!"

To loosen my grip -
I don't know how.
It's important I know -
But I cannot allow.

The fear grows stronger -
Thick and intense.
Thoughts of the future -
Leave me in suspense.

Lord, can you hear -
The cry deep within?
I need You to help me -
To help give in -

To the call You lay forth -
To Your plea.
You're the only One -
Who can help me!

PLEASE!

No comments:

Post a Comment