Thursday, June 7, 2012

A couple of poems I haven't yet posted...

"Mental Overdrive"
By: Kim Hembry©
March 19, 2012

Relentless thoughts invade my mind...
Tossing and turning on the inside...
It's overwhelming.

I feel torn between life, unwilling to cave...
Battling the tormenting pleas - can't seem to behave...
It's gaining strength.

The demands are so strict and won't compromise...
Deep down I don't want to be Ed's demise...
I'm straining for breath.

Yet I try to keep "face" and hide all the pain-
That rages within me; I don't want death to reign...
It's all so intense.

I gasp in disgust as my reflection stares back...
I'm repulsed by a glimpse of the mirror's attack...
I'm shrinking away.

I question whether or not all this will end...
It seems to rise up again and again...
Sometimes I feel hopeless.

Yet I'll lift up my head and refuse to give up...
I'll choose to press on though to do so is tough...
There's too much at stake.


"Battle Cry"
By: Kim Hembry©
March 25, 2012

There's an aching in my heart-
And a breaking in my soul...
So much is stirring within me-
He's promised to make me whole...

The battle that rages within me-
That tears me from within...
Sometimes it seems I'll never-
Come out on the other end...

I'm straining to stand tall-
And not relent the fight...
My flesh shall surely fail-
Yet God fills me with His might...

He's said He's overcome-
He's already conquered the world...
I will choose to claim this truth-
And press on toward the goal...

I won't let fear or doubt-
Come in and override...
I won't settle for defeat, lay down-
Or run and hide...

I will cling to truth-
And I will persevere...
I will surely win this fight-
For my God - my Victor - is HERE!


"Pressure Clench"
By: Kim Hembry©
June 3, 2012

A longing and yearning burn deep in me;
Some kind of emptiness is running deep...
Loneliness creeps in; clouds close overhead-
Yet... I look unto Him.

Feelings of shame accompany the pain-
Disgust and self-hate and such disdain...
I try to press on - never give up-
For... I know He's cleansed me.

A blanket of sadness wraps and engulfs;
The air seems thin, even taking in large gulps...
Yet I feel Him close - His gentle touch-
So... I'm enveloped in love.

Though the pressure's intense, binding me tight-
And the battle's rough - struggle to fight...
I'm reminded He's won - He's overcome-
So... I'll keep standing up.

I'll remind myself at the start of the day...
I'll cling to truth and choose to say-
He's God - the all-powerful One-
I'll fix my eyes on Him - in FAITH!

No comments:

Post a Comment