Saturday, October 22, 2011

Be inspired, my BRAVE reader!

What I am posting here is a response I posted on a different website that has been inspirational for me, www.bravegirlsclub.com. A question was asked: What would you tell a Brave Girl who feels like her life has fallen apart and will never be put back together?

Some of who who are reading this may feel like that "Brave Girl", but maybe you don't consider yourself brave... I want to challenge you to see yourself as brave because anyone who does not give up is BRAVE! Anyone who chooses to press on in spite of adversity is BRAVE! Anyone who relentlessly keeps standing up even after countless falls is BRAVE!

So, here goes... This was (and still is) my response...

If I could talk to a brave girl who was going through a rough time who felt as though she couldn't pick up the shattered pieces of her life and somehow press on, I would first let her know that she is not alone, that I, too, have been in several seasons of life where everything seemed to be hopelessly shattered... I would also remind her that she does not have to fight alone, but that she is worth another person's time and can choose to let another person into her shattered space... I would remind her that she is not meant to be Superwoman and face everything alone... I would remind her that it is okay to experience weakness because it is oftentimes in the times of greatest weakness that a new strength is discovered...

I would then look her in the eyes and tell her [or remind her] that she is a unique, one-of-a-kind masterpiece, created by the Master Artist, created and formed for a purpose for good, for hope, and for a future... I would continue to speak to her and let her know that she is loved beyond comprehension and seen by a heavenly Father, that whether she has met or known of Him yet, it is not too late to reach out and accept His free gift which brings with it a promise for LIFE - and that life - in ABUNDANCE! I would encourage her to keep on keeping on even though it seems impossible... I would remind her that even the smallest of steps taken forward are valuable and carry her along the path of her journey...

I would remind her that each and every season of her life is valuable and that even the most horrendous or messy "life season" can be transformed into something miraculous and glorious... I would remind her to take one day at a time, one step at a time, and one moment at a time!

Before I let her go, I would thank her for being willing to share part of her brokenness with me, that it was a privilege for me to be entrusted with some of the precious pearls of her life...

I pray that you are inspired and encouraged to keep on keeping on no matter what season of life you happen to find yourself in at this time. If you are like me and fighting for recovery, keep fighting! You are worth it! Oh so worth it! (Don't worry... I have to be reminded all of the time too...)

If you are the "Brave Girl" who needs to be loved on, encouraged, or reminded of truth, soak it up!

Don't give up! If you have fallen, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, take a deep breath, and realize the today can be the first day of the rest of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment