Sunday, October 16, 2011

Letting out some feelings through poetry... Trying to calm my mind so I could go to sleep......

Reflection Perplexities
By: Kim Hembry©
October 15, 2011


I’m struggling to bear -
How I feel within my skin
I’m so perplexed within -
Still longing to be thin...

I’m torn between some things -
What I see and how I feel...
I am struggling to stand strong -
Against ED’s beckoning...

Trying to trust -
And believe what others see -
Is actually what’s true -
Not what’s looking back at me...

The battle is intense -
Constantly raging deep inside...
So often I’m overwhelmed -
All I can do is sigh...

Yet I know I must press on -
In spite of what I feel...
I know I mustn’t give up -
I must face that which is real...

Each day the battle rages -
Each day I must stand up...
There’s so much churning within -
Surely I can’t give up...

The terrain I’m standing on -
The waves I’m swimming through -
Oh, they seem impossible;
My only Hope is You...

Listen to my cry-
Hear my beckoning...
Come to my side -
Don’t leave me alone nor flee.

I will look to You -
I will cling to Your truth...
I will not give up -
I’ll fix my eyes on You.

No comments:

Post a Comment