Sunday, July 17, 2011

Overall, it was a pretty good weekend! I went to the art museum and got a special visit from a friend!


A beautiful mosaic entitled: Genesis... Part #1...


Part #2...


Part #3...

This mosaic was absolutely stunning, and as I gazed upon the images portrayed within it, I was reminded of God's promises and of His immense faithfulness which inspired me to keep on keeping on as I take step after step on this long road...


A beautiful painting by Georgia O'Keefe...

It reminded me of the beauty of life
and how important it is for me
to continue to choose it on a daily basis...



A painting of colorful whimsy...

It reminded me of the gift of creativity
and how I am to embrace and nurture
the gifts and talents that God has given me...



A painting by Jackson Pollock...

As I gazed upon the flowing lines and colors in this painting, I realized that there was more than paint splattered... There are actually images in them... On the left, there is a woman... On the right, a man's face... As I looked at this, I was reminded that things are not always as they seem and also, oftentimes there is meaning and purpose in the things that seem jumbled and incomprehensible in life... I never would have chosen to be anorexic or bulimic, but I believe God will bring good out of this battle and fight for my life!


An abstract painting of the Eiffel Tower...

My trip to the art museum was a way for me to take care of myself this weekend... I needed a break after being in treatment for a while now... As I walked through the museum, enjoying all of the exhibits, I felt a sense of peace and a sense of relief and relaxation come over me... That was much needed! After I spent a couple of hours at the art museum,...

My best friend got into town... We got to catch up and have some good girl time together! It was such a blessing to me! Wow! I am so grateful to God for my amazing friend! We have shared several things together over the years, and seeing her was just the support I needed to keep pressing on in this journey to recovery... We went to an Asian Film Festival and watched a great movie there, we did a little shopping, we talked a lot as we got some coffee, and we ate at a Thai restaurant...

Since being here in treatment, I have been transitioned into eating solid foods again... I haven't written about that, but it has been a very DIFFICULT process for me... Actually, it still is... I hadn't had anything solid go in my body or stay in my body since February, so my body has been trying to adjust and wake up over the past few weeks, and it still has a lot of adjusting to do before everything balances out and is restored... I am trying to remember that I need to be patient with my body and with the process of being refed...

Thankfully, my friend and I were able to sit at a table that was very private, so I didn't feel like I was on display as much as a usually do in restaurants... I had to fight ED's voice constantly while I was there, but that was nothing new! He has been speaking so incredibly loud and fighting against me so incredibly hard, but I am not going to give up! I want to live! I want to enjoy life! I want to walk in RECOVERY! For my whole life, I have never walked in recovery, and I am ready to try out something new because ED has only been faithful to give me unfulfilled promise after unfulfilled promise after unfulfilled promise... So... I tried to enjoy lunch with my friend... There are a few pics below....



My beautiful friend with her YUMMY food!


Me with my YUMMY food!

I was terribly nervous and anxious, but after repeating, "Food is the medicine I need to get well" and "Food is the fuel I need to live," I was able to enjoy some delightful conversation with my friend and also get in the food that I needed to... ONE BITE AT A TIME! It may have been a slow process, but I did it!


Lastly, a pic of the two of us just before she left!

I was super BLESSED by getting to spend time with her! I needed that sooooooooooooooo badly!

I hope each of you had a great weekend too!

Back to the daily grind of treatment in the morning... I will keep taking this journey in stride...

ONE DAY AT A TIME!
ONE STEP AT A TIME!
ONE MOMENT AT A TIME!
ONE BITE AT A TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment