Thursday, July 28, 2011

"Recipe for RECOVERY"... Are you willing?

So... I am getting discharged from the hospital tomorrow! That is a good thing! I am excited, but I am also hesitant... I know I have a great support system to go home to, but I know that there is still much hard work ahead of me... Also, I am sad to leave behind the new friends I have made here! However, I will keep pressing on!

This treatment center has given me a very positive experience overall! The treatment team is absolutely AMAZING!

As I get ready to discharge, I am preparing a small card of HOPE, CHALLENGE, and ENCOURAGEMENT for my peers who will remain in programming... Here's part of what I am sharing with them! It is also for me and for you!

Here goes...

A Chance at Freedom
By: Kim Hembry©

A Recipe for:
RECOVERY

Ingredients:
A dash of WILLINGNESS
A dash of HONESTY
A dash of PERSEVERANCE
A pinch of SPIRITUAL HEALTH
A pinch of MINDFULNESS
A smidgen of FAITH
A smidgen of HOPE
And a LOT OF LOVE!

Instructions:
Say "YES" to LIFE!
Commit to the PROCESS!
Embark on the JOURNEY!
Take the JOURNEY in stride:
ONE DAY AT A TIME
ONE STEP AT A TIME
ONE MOMENT AT A TIME
ONE BITE AT A TIME

Preparation time:
A LIFETIME

Serves:
ALL who are WILLING!

Are you willing to try it out?

Maybe this little "Recipe for Recovery" will speak to you too! Remember that no matter where you are in the journey, it is worth pressing on and fighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment