Sunday, August 21, 2011

Semi-Defeated...

So... Last night I fell into my ED in some pretty big ways... I've been struggling quite a bit since leaving treatment, but overall, I've been able to manage things pretty well... I was very frustrated with myself, and I felt completely defeated... I was very disappointed in myself and couldn't believe how much I let ED take me over...

When I woke up this morning, I was very tempted to skip breakfast and go for a run (neither of which I am actually allowed to do!), but instead, I made my breakfast and read several of my devotions for the day... I just can't help but post one of them... This one helped me A LOT today!

"With each new day I put away the past and discover
the new beginnings I have been given."
~ Angela L. Wozniak


"We can't recapture what is no more. And the minutes or hours we spend dwelling on what was or should have been only steal away from all that presently is. Today stands before us with promise. The opportunities for growth are guaranteed, as is all the spiritual help we need to handle any situation the day offers.

If today offers us a challenge, we can be grateful. Our challenges are gifts. They mean we are ready to move ahead to new awarenesses, to a new sense of our womanhood. Challenges force us to think creatively; they force us to turn to others; they demand that we change. Without challenges, we'd stagnate, enjoying life little, offering life nothing.

We each are making a special contribution, one that only we can make, each time we confront a new situation with courage. Each time we dare to open a new door. What we need to do today is to close the door on yesterday. Then we can stand ready and willing to go forward.

This day awaits my full presence. I will be the recipient of its gift."

So... Is this amazing or what?

It was for me! It helped me to put yesterday's failures behind me and start afresh and anew! I made it through breakfast! Then my best friend came to go to church with me, and we had lunch together...

To be completely honest, ED is screaming and shouting very loudly right now as I write this and as I consider the rest of my evening, but I know I just need to take it in stride...
ONE STEP AT A TIME!
ONE MOMENT AT A TIME!
ONE BITE AT A TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment