Sunday, August 7, 2011

Soak up the moment for all it is worth!


So... I know I have mentioned this before, but I will say it again! One of the most valuable things that I have been learning is the importance behind "staying present." It may sound like an easy thing to do - to focus on the moment in which you find yourself and not get carried away into the past or into the future. It may sound easy, but for me it takes intentional effort! However, I am finding that being able to stay present in the current moment and face each moment's struggles and stressors as they come really is a vital key to trying to walk the road of RECOVERY. Staying present in each moment also helps me not to miss the blessings and victories that come with each moment.

Over the past several days, I have been in need of a reminder to keep me in the present rather than getting anxious and overwhelmed by all that lies ahead of me! Below, I have shared a meditation/devotional with you that I read a few days ago. I have reread it at least once each day since the time I first laid my eyes on it. I hope you are encouraged too!

(Meditation/Devotional)

"Let me tell thee, time is a very precious gift of God; so precious that it's only given to us moment by moment." ~Amelia Barr

Where are our minds right now? Are we focused fully on this meditation? Or are our minds wandering off to events scheduled for later today or tomorrow perhaps? The simple truth is that this moment is all God has allowed right now. It's God's design that we will live fully each moment, as it comes. Therein lies the richness of our lives. Each moment contributes to the full pattern that's uniquely our own.
We must not miss the potential pleasure of any experience because our thoughts are elsewhere. We never know when a particular moment, a certain situation, may be a door to our future. What we do know is that God often has to work hard getting our attention, perhaps allowing many stumbling blocks in order to get us back on target. Being in tune with now, this moment, guarantees a direct line of communication to God. It also guarantees a full, yet simple life. Our purpose becomes clear as we trust our steps to God's guidance. How terribly complicated we make life by living in the past, the present, and many future times, all at once!

Affirmation:

One step, one moment, and then the next step and its moment. How the simple life brings me freedom!

I am trying to fight for RECOVERY!

ONE DAY AT A TIME!
ONE STEP AT A TIME!
ONE MOMENT AT A TIME!
ONE BITE AT A TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment