Friday, May 6, 2011

The journey begins...

Hmmm... Where to start...

Well, I must say that God has sustained my body in a very remarkable way! Wow!

Over the past few weeks I have had many appointments... Doctors, nutritionist, and counseling...

This time around, the road to healing and recovery is looking much different... The Lord has opened a door of a home for me to stay in with a wonderful family! I feel blessed beyond words to be invited into their home and to be given a safe place to stay and heal!

Today has been the first real day of refeeding my brain and getting my body to start functioning again... I am grateful that a way has been made for me to do this out of my own will to live and outside of the hospital! It has been hard in many ways, but I have not lost heart or motivation to make the decisions necessary for today...

This is what I am having to say out loud (sometimes numerous times) to get nutrients into my body to start the physical aspect of this journey after visiting with my nutritionist yesterday:

I can choose to give myself nutrients because my body will fail and shut down if I don't. I don't have to earn the right to live and I can't deserve life any more or less than I do today because God has purposed that I should live. He gave me life! I am worthy of life (not because I've done anything but) because my heavenly Father chose to give me life! I am allowed to eat and to give myself nourishment because I have been purposed to live and not die! I am allowed to give my brain nutrients because I have been called to steward the soundness of mind which is mine in Christ Jesus! I will not be overwhelmed by the journey and process ahead of me because I will take it in stride -- one step at a time! I will value every step taken forward and will not expect perfection. I will set attainable goals with my team, and I will see the value in even the smallest of steps because they will lead to FREEDOM!

As you can see, I believe that there are many facets to this recovery and healing process: physical, mental, emotional, psychological, and spiritual! My strength to fight in this battle does not come from myself; it comes from my heavenly Father - The God of Strength and Might!

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment