Sunday, May 8, 2011

The journey continues...

Miraculously I made it through yesterday! It was rough... very rough, but PRAISE GOD! He enabled me to face each of the things that I needed to... I did not walk it perfectly, but I did have an overall victorious day!

Now, moving onto today... I slept more last night than I have in sooooooooooooo long! I finally got some much needed sleep... I have to admit that I did not want to start facing round one today... However, I knew that really I didn't have much of a choice, so I opened up my devotional book, "Jesus Calling," and this is what I found:

"Do not long for the absence of problems in your life. That is an unrealistic goal, since in this world, you will have trouble. You have an eternity of problem-free living reserved for you in heaven. Rejoice in that inheritance, which no one can take away from you, but do not seek your heaven on earth. Begin each day anticipating problems, asking Me to equip you for whatever difficulties you will encounter. The best equipping is My living Presence, My hand that never lets go of yours. Discuss everything with Me. Take a lighthearted view of trouble, seeing it as a challenge that you and I together can handle. Remember that I am on your side, and I have overcome the world."

Wow! I was blown away... Absolutely blown away!

The following verses go along with the devotional...

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]" John 16:33 AMP

"For I the Lord your God hold your right hand; I am the Lord, Who says to you, FEAR NOT; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13 AMP

"I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency]." Philippians 4:13 AMP

These were just what I needed to read this morning to have the strength and to employ my will to choose LIFE!

My declaration for today became:

I CHOOSE TO START TODAY WITH MY EYES FIXED UPON MY ABBA - THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF MY FAITH... FOR HE WILL EQUIP ME FOR EACH STEP ALONG THE WAY... I WILL NOT BE OVERWHELMED BY FOCUSING ON THE ENTIRE DAY OR THE LONG-TERM PROCESS AND JOURNEY, BUT I WILL FOCUS ON TRUSTING HIM TO GIVE ME SUFFICIENT STRENGTH FOR THE STEP I AM FACING - IN THE MOMENT. I WILL BE BRAVE TO FACE WHAT SCARES ME, AND ONE DAY - I WILL WALK FREE!

Well, I am happy to report that I am pretty much halfway through my rounds today! The afternoons and evenings get harder, but I will employ the truth to face each step of the battle... I must be reminded that in the end, it will all be worth it... Even though it doesn't seem like it each moment, I know deep down that it is worth it even now!


No comments:

Post a Comment