Saturday, May 14, 2011

Two by two... (Day 2 of week 2)... Pressing on...

I am choosing to be optimistic as I face today because I know that even though there may not be anyone around me (in the physical) to walk this journey with me, there in One who goes through the day with me moment by moment!

I will choose to only focus on the round that is in front of me in the moment and will be built up with inner strength to both face it and finish it well. I will choose to have this mindset at each point of intake today, and I will not grow overwhelmed by the process or journey. Though my body churns and cramps and doesn't respond well, I will choose to believe that:

I can choose to give myself nutrients because my body will fail and shut down if I don't. I don't have to earn the right to live and I can't deserve life any more or less that I do today because God has purposed that I should live He gave me life! I am worthy of life not because I've done anything but because my heavenly Father chose to give me life! I am allowed to eat and to give myself nourishment because I have been purposed to live and not die! I am allowed to give my brain nutrients because I have been called to steward the soundness of mind which is mine in Christ Jesus!

Repetition of the practical and applicable TRUTH is key to me facing each step on this journey... Numerous - even countless - times some days these basic, practical truths have to rule and reign because there is so much that rises up to fight them!

I will take today in stride. I will speak peace to my mind - to my body - to my spirit... Anxiety must be quieted and stilled in the name of Jesus!

What I just read couldn't be more appropriate for today - to go along with what I've already declared...

"I am a MIGHTY GOD. Nothing is too difficult for Me. I have chosen to use weak ones like you to accomplish My purposes. Your weakness is designed to open you up to My Power. Therefore, do not fear your limitations or measure the day's demands against your strength. What I require of you is to stay connected to Me, living in trusting dependence on My limitless resources. When you face unexpected demands [or expected on, emphasis added], there is no need to panic. Remember that I am with you! Talk with Me, and listen while I talk with you through each challenging situation. I am not a careless God. When I allow difficulties to come into your life, I equip you fully to handle them. Relax in My Presence, trusting in My strength."

Verses:

"For with God, NOTHING is ever impossible and no word form God shall be without power or impossible of fulfillment." Luke 1:37

Okay - this one is rocking my world for today! I am claiming this promise!

NOTHING is ever impossible for me because the POWER of God in me shall be fulfilled in TRUTH!

"But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!" 2 Corinthians 12:9

It is not fun to be weak, and for my whole life, I have always felt the pressure to be strong - to be the strong one - the rock that others could depend on, but I guess I am in a season in which I am learning that there is beauty and strength in weakness... Yes, that seems paradoxical, but that is what God's Word says - that in the presence and recognition of my weakness is the uprising of His STRENGTH!

Okay, I think I am built up enough to face round one now - to face today one step at a time!

Rounds one, two, and three have been faced and conquered so far, but my time schedule is way out of whack, and I still have a lot to get in me before I've completed all my intake for today...

I went to my friend's little girl's birthday party this afternoon after tutoring for a couple of hours... I'm glad I went, but in some ways I felt awkward - life everyone was looking at me and knew what was going on... I know that was only ED putting that on me though...

After the party, it was already six o'clock... I started to think about what I said about choosing to be optimistic about today and taking each step in stride... I probably should have faced another round at that time, but I was exhausted! I decided to come home and lay down for a bit - maybe I'd have a little energy to keep fighting...

Well, it's now an hour and a half later; I rested but don't feel rested - actually feel mored tired... I still have two rounds to go, and I am speaking out the truths as to why I can give my body nutrients - trying not to become too anxious or overwhelmed... I want to choose life in the moment, and I am going to as God raises up His STRENGTH to keep fighting for me - on my behalf - today! Here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment