Monday, May 23, 2011

Two and a half weeks into RECOVERY!

Today marks two and a half weeks into RECOVERY, and it also marks day one to wake up in my new apartment. For anyone else who may read this, you may think that it is nuts for someone in the beginning stages of RECOVERY to have their own place - especially someone who is only able to get in some supplements at this point, but know that for me, this process to HEALING AND RECOVERY is taking on a whole new look this time around! I am now living in the same city where both my counselor and nutritionist are...

At this point, I have been able to realize that in the end, it comes down to me - to my decision to choose RECOVERY and give my body what my team wants me to right now or not... Well, I left one little part out... It comes down to GOD and me! He is the STRENGTH on the inside of me that makes EVERY STEP and round of intake each day POSSIBLE! Sometimes I am in tears with each sip, but He equips me to do it!

"I am self-sufficient in CHRIST's sufficiency!"

Good word of encouragement and inspiration to press on today:

"Approach each new day with desire to find Me. Before you get out of bed, I have already been working to prepare the path that will get you through this day. (I'm glad He has!) There are hidden treasures strategically placed along the way. Some of the treasures are trials, designed to shake you free from earth-shackles. Others are blessings that reveal My Presence: sunshine, flowers, birds, friendships, answered prayer. I have not abandoned this sin-wracked world; I am still richly present in it. Search for deep treasure as you go through this day. You will find Me all along the way!"

Such a beautiful reminder that if we seek Him, we will SURELY find Him!

Cossians 2:2-3 shares more about God's desire for us to seek Him and know His treasure. "[For my concern is] that their hearts may be braced (comforted, cheered, and encouraged) as they are knit together in live, that they may come to have all the abounding wealth and blessing of assured conviction of understanding, and that they may become progressively more intimately acquainted with and may know more definitely and accurately and thoroughly that mystic secret of God [which is] Christ (the Anointed One). In Him all the treasures of [divine] wisdom (comprehensive insight and enlightenment] are stored up and lie hidden." Getting still in the presence of God and walking in greater intimacy with HIm lead to the treasures being revealed by way of the Holy Spirit. My deepest desire is to walk in such intimacy with Him. That too is a process! As I yield to Him and invite Him to be my ALL IN ALL to face this journey ~ ONE DAY AT A TIME ~ ONE STEP AT A TIME ~ ONE MOMENT AT A TIME ~ I learn to trust Him more, and trust is the foundation for intimacy.

Isaiah 33:6 gives us such promise and also the insight that the treasure can be experienced now! "And these shall be stability in you times, an abundance of salvation, wisdom, and knowledge; the reverent fear and worship of the Lord is your TREASURE and His." Wow! The worship of the Lord is my treasure and His! That's AMAZING! Worship - true worship - takes us to a place of intimate fellowship and communion which satisfies the deep longing in us and fulfills the desire of the Lord to walk intimately with His children.

Some people believe that worship is singing songs of adoration to God, but I believe that worship is a position and attitude of our hearts. I believe that ANY THING we do can be in honor of and in respect to God... For me, in this season of my life, I believe that each round of intake that I choose to face - no matter how uncomfortable or painful or emotional it is - is an act of worship as I honor God and choose to respect my body... I AM LEARNING THIS; I HAVE NOT ARRIVED! It is a moment by moment process, but I believe that from the smallest of things to the most spectacular, we can worship God if our hearts are in a position and attitude of honor, respect, and gratitude for who He is and what He's done for us...

It is now time for me to do what I've just explained as I face round one today - IN HIS STRENGTH! Here goes...

Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment