Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Poem that brought hope!


Voice of Promise

By: Kim Hembry ©

June 14, 2011


Conflicting desires

Seeking release

Twisted inside

Desperate for peace


Torn between voices

Crying out

Exhausted and tired

With noise so loud


Taunted by the reflection

Streaming tears

Disgusted with hate

Tormenting fear


Frustrated by failure

Losing hope

Unwilling to give up

Trying to cope


Straining to continue

Tiring so fast

Running on empty

How long will it last?


Hope breaks in

Comforting peace

Desire for life

I hit my knees


Clinging to truth

Seeking His face

Reaching out

Trusting in faith


Held in His arms

Sustained by grace

Willing to fight

To finish the race


Lifting my head

He dries the tears

Unending love

Quiets my fears


Cleansed by the blood

In love held close

Promise fulfilled

I’m not left alone


“My child, you’re safe
Tucked under My wing
Stay close to Me

Freedom I’ll bring


Keep pressing on

Eyes stayed on Me

Together we walk

‘Til you see VICTORY”

No comments:

Post a Comment