Monday, June 13, 2011

A poem written today to help me to release what I felt stirring inside of me...


Intensity Rises... Pressure Builds...
By: Kim Hembry ©
June 13, 2011

The battle to fight for my life continues to intensify...
My well of strength seems to have run dry...
Now it fills up with the tears I cry...

The struggle to choose life grows more intense...
In hesitation I press on with growing suspense...
I wish I could take a break from all of this...

The lies build up and vie for more space...
Trying not to yield - not to lose faith...
I stand amazed by my Abba's relentless chase...

Though I stiffen up and my teeth clench tight...
I won't relent; I'll choose to fight...
Trusting my Abba to help me save my life...

The end of this journey seems to slip farther out of reach...
And as the pressure builds, I struggle to breathe...
I will cling to my God, and I will claim His peace...

Though it is tempting to quit and run away...
I know God's strength will equip me to stay...
As I let Him walk with me throughout this day...

I will put on His armor, so I will be...
Ready to face ED - my relentless enemy...
For on the other side of the battle awaits VICTORY!

A RECOVERY collage I made yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment