Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A poem I wrote late last night...

In Spite Of...
By: Kim Hembry ©
May 31, 2011

Trying to fight through the struggle and the strain.
Tired of the tears, the weakness, and the pain.

Overwhelmed by the process that stands in front of me.
Unsure about the path and length of this journey.

Longing to stand - healed, whole, and strong.
Desperately in need of strength to press on.

Unwilling to give in, to relent, or give up.
Trying to remember I've been saved by His love.

Raging in my mind are lies well disguised.
Trying to speak the TRUTH that will lead me to LIFE.

ED speaks so loudly - bringing doubt, shame, and fear.
I'm trying to hold back the waterfall of tears.

Many battles still - remain ahead of me.
But I will cling to the HOPE - that there's VICTORY.

When the pressure is intense, & I can't seem to press on.
I will cling to God - For He alone makes me STRONG.

Then I will take - the step in front of me,
And little by little, I will learn to walk FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment